ant-user mailing list archives

From Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>
Subject Re: IDEA Project generation from ant
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 15:23:31 GMT

On Nov 3, 2009, at 9:44 PM, Raja Nagendra Kumar wrote:

>> I generally only generate .classpath files
>
> Could you tell me how you archive this with ant

The .classpath format is an extremely simple XML format that tells the
IDE where the source paths are and the JAR files for the project. This
is the Eclipse storage format. IntelliJ can be told to use the
Eclipse .classpath for its dependencies as well. This requires changes
to the .iml file and it also creates an additional file ending
in .eml. Then, I just use a simple Groovy script to manipulate the XML
in the .classpath file with the new dependencies. I really need to
update my script, but it is pretty simple to manipulate XML in Groovy
and Groovy inside Ant is really simple as well.

I believe the best method is to load the .classpath into the Groovy
XML objects, remove all the elements whose type attribute is "var" and
then generate new elements for each of the project's dependencies. The
generation of the new elements will depend on the dependency
management tool you are using.

-bp