ant-user mailing list archives

From Harry_ <harjitwo...@gmail.com>
Subject ForTask throwing exception for same value for begin and end
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:50:16 GMT

Hi,

I am using ForTask for looping. The end attribute value comes from property.
I am using it like

 <property name="JVMInstances" value="2"/>

 <for begin="1" end="${JVMInstances}"  param="JVMID">

The above code works fine.

But when I make the value of JVMInstances as 1, then exception comes during
the execution of this Ant file.

Can Any one tell me if it is a known defect that for loop does not work with
same value of begin and end attribute. I am using
ise.antelope.tasks.ForTask.

If this is a defect can anyone tell me how to write a function block in ant.
This will help me in not writing redundant lines in build file by testing
above condition in if Block.

Regards