ant-user mailing list archives

From rohit15 <>
Subject Parsing comma-separated string and getting handle to each token
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:06:33 GMT

Hi gurus,

Can you please help me resolve this seemingly simple requirement.

I have a my.txt file like

I need to parse this line by line and then process each line. While
processing each line, I need to execute separate logic on the 2nd and 3rd
variables of each line.

I've been able to parse each line using the following code. However, I
haven't succeeded in getting handle to 2nd and 3rd variables by reference
[For e.g. in Java, I'd have iterated using stringtokenizer and referred as
stringtkr.token[1], or token[2]  -something on those lines]

<macrodef name="printline">
<attribute name="lineparam"/>
<echo>Line param :: @{lineparam}</echo>

<for list="@{lineparam}" param="testparam" delimiter=','>
<property name="@{testparam}" value="This is dummy value for @{testparam}"/>
<!-- How do I refer specifically to 1st token and then 2nd and then 3rd? -->

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message