ant-user mailing list archives

From Harry_ <harjitwo...@gmail.com>
Subject Running parallel targets in Ant loop
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 00:46:12 GMT

Hi,

I need to run multiple target in Ant's loop. How can I achieve this. I am
able to make antcall in sequential way as described below.

    <target name="run">
    		<for begin="1" end="2"  param="idx">
     	   <sequential>
	           <antcall target="run-test">

	            </antcall>
	 	   </sequential>
     	 </for>
    </target>

But I need to do performance testing where i need to call multiple targets
with various values of idx.  If I change sequential to parallel, i get
following error:

C:\Eclipse3.1\eclipse\Workspace\AntProject\d6\build.xml:53: Invalid type
class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Parallel used in For task, it does not
have a public iterator method

Is there any way to achieve what I desire. i.e running parallel targets with
different value of idx (As sometime I had to run multiple targets sometime
up to 30).