ant-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject RE: Checking whether a file is executable
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 20:57:32 GMT
I had a similar request in this email list.  Here is a link:

http://www.nabble.com/zip-tar-and-file-permissions-td22315686.html

It has some feedback on this subject.

---
Shawn Castrianni

-----Original Message-----
From: Francis GALIEGUE [mailto:fge@one2team.com]
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 3:01 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Checking whether a file is executable

Hello,

Ant's <available> condition can check whether a file exists and is a
regular file (with type="file"), but I have seen no condition that can
tell me whether a given regular file is executable (sorry for the Unix
speak - FWIW, a regular file is just that, a file - a directory is
just another type of file).

Java has .canExecute() which can tell whether a given File object is
executable. Where should I start to look if I want to create, say, a
<isexecutabe> condition? Or is there something existing that I just
overlooked? I could use <exec> and work out the return value, but I'd
be better off if I could fail earlier, finding that a given file is
just not executable at all...

--

Francis Galiegue
ONE2TEAM