ant-user mailing list archives

From David Nemer <>
Subject Re: Ant and Java Forking
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 13:15:26 GMT
Hey Juergen,

This is the code that I'm using to invoke Ant:

Project p = new Project();
p.setUserProperty("ant.file", buildFile.getAbsolutePath());
DefaultLogger consoleLogger = new DefaultLogger();
ProjectHelper helper = ProjectHelper.getProjectHelper();
p.addReference("ant.projectHelper", helper);
helper.parse(p, buildFile);

>Did you ever start Ant sucessfully through a Java application?
Yes, I tried to run some other targets in my XML file and it ran perfectly,
the problem is when I try to run a target that contains: <jvmarg
line="${javalanche.arg.line}" /> So I think the problem is the JVMARG.

> What is happeneing?
Nothing. it simply doesn't run the line <jvmarg
line="${javalanche.arg.line}" /> I was able to print the arguments from
"javalanche.arg.line" so there is no problems with the argument passing...

>Why do you need to do it prgrammatically?
I'm writing an aplication for my thesis which I need to check out a project,
build it, test it (with ant) and run the javalanche.xml thru ant.

> Do you mean  the same JVM??
I was just wondering since I'm calling ant from a Java process if there is a
problem to call a JVMARG (which is another java process). I don't really
know, i was just wondering if this could ring a bell to someone.

David Nemer
Sent from Frankfurt Am Main, HE, Germany