ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: archive tasks make output in different size
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 05:04:43 GMT
On 2009-10-10, özgür yıldız <yildizozgur@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi all,I use  Apache Ant version 1.7.0.
> And I use <jar> <ear> ant archive tasks to get ABC.ear.
> I need to compare size of output archives(ABC.ear) with older one in order
> to realize any of changes.
> When I run the build.xml one after another(the same build.xml), Although
> there is no file is edited or added or replaced, my ear file size is
> changed.

ears contain wars that contain jars, right?

If your jar has a different creation time than the old one it will have
a different timestamp entry inside the war you create.  This shouldn't
change the file size of the jar or war but it will change the file size
of the ear since the timestamp changes the contents which will result in
a different size compressed result.

You may get the same sizes if you set compress to false for your new and
your old ear tasks.

Stefan