ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: AW: Out of memory
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 12:21:19 GMT
Knuplesch, Juergen wrote:
> Hello Steve,
>
> I had my problems with junitreport before....
>
> This time the PermGenSpace error happens with saxon.
> For this XSLT I had to use saxon.
> In my build I use Saxon and for junitreport the standard VM xsl processor,
>
> How do I tell junitreport to use Saxon or Xalan?
> I did not find an option (in your book for ANT 1.6.5) as in XSLT.
> I thought xalan is the standard xsl processor in ANT?

If Xalan is on the classpath, it gets picked up, otherwise on java1.5+
the default XSL engine is the variant of xalan that comes in the JVM,
and it is very memory hungry.

If you run ant -diagnostics you will see which engine you get; if it is
the one in the JVM, stick a xalan-2.7.x into your ANT_HOME/lib

PermGen heapspace is a separate problem. On the BEA/Oracle JRockit JVM,
it never occurs, they just have one big heap, instead of a separate heap
for class information. But you can't download that for free any more.

Try the 64 bit jvm with compressed pointers; its got a big heap with
small pointers, not as good as JRockit, but a good second best.