ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: Out of memory
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 11:01:30 GMT
Knuplesch, Juergen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your answer!
> Good to know, that there are known problems.
>
> I already fork the junit tests. I even have parted the tests into three parts, because
of earlier challenges.
> Memory eater is also junitreport (especially for 2200 tests) etc., all the XSLT stuff
needs a lot of memory and of course
> Tasks like jar.
>
> I hopefully (the build is running in the moment I write this) solved the problem by using
a 64Bit Java on a 64Bit Windows machine and increasing the memory. This is of course no solution,
but it will probably work.

It's junitreport that is killing you : the post-run transform, not the
tests themselves.

* switch to Xalan, not Sun's built in xsl engine
* In a 64 bit Java 6u15 and up, you can ask for half-sized pointers,
XX:+UseCompressedOops
  That cuts the memory footprint of every java instance down to almost
that of 32 bit jvms,