ant-user mailing list archives

From chris.green...@googlemail.com
Subject Re: Java source files not part of any package
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 20:41:26 GMT
Look at the include / exclude parameter options

Chris
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

-----Original Message-----
From: Dianne Yumul <dianne@wellsgaming.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 13:31:24
To: <user@ant.apache.org>
Subject: Java source files not part of any package

Hello Everyone,

I'm learning to use Ant 1.7.0 as part of Xcode 3.1.2 on Mac OS X
10.6.  We have a separate directory called Common/ where we keep
common java source files. These files need to get included, not all at
the same time though, when compiling our Java applications.  What
would be the best way to do this?

If I add Common/ to srcdir, it compiles everything inside when I only
need a one or two.  The FAQ mentions that "If you have Java source
files that aren't declared to be part of any package, you can still
use the <javac> task to compile these files correctly - just set the
srcdir and destdir attributes to the actual directory the source files
live in and the directory the class files should go into,
respectively."  But how to do this exactly? Do I need two separate
javac tasks like the following?

<javac srcdir="../../../Common/src" destdir="../../../Common/bin"
classpathref="lib.path" debug="on"/>
<javac srcdir="src" destdir="bin" classpathref="lib.path" debug="on"/>

Thank you.

Dianne