ant-user mailing list archives

From "Knuplesch, Juergen" <>
Subject AW: AW: AW: Out of memory
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 14:25:39 GMT

I got now the Java profiler on. Maybe I will find out, whats going on.
But now javadoc ran outofmemory, probably because of my change from 32Bit to 64Bit java.

I will try Xalan. If I find sth. out or become despaired, i will post again

J├╝rgen Knuplesch
-----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Steve Loughran []
Gesendet: Dienstag, 6. Oktober 2009 14:21
An: Ant Users List
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: Out of memory

Knuplesch, Juergen wrote:
> Hello Steve,
> I had my problems with junitreport before....
> This time the PermGenSpace error happens with saxon.
> For this XSLT I had to use saxon.
> In my build I use Saxon and for junitreport the standard VM xsl
> processor,
> How do I tell junitreport to use Saxon or Xalan?
> I did not find an option (in your book for ANT 1.6.5) as in XSLT.
> I thought xalan is the standard xsl processor in ANT?

If Xalan is on the classpath, it gets picked up, otherwise on java1.5+ the default XSL engine
is the variant of xalan that comes in the JVM, and it is very memory hungry.

If you run ant -diagnostics you will see which engine you get; if it is the one in the JVM,
stick a xalan-2.7.x into your ANT_HOME/lib

PermGen heapspace is a separate problem. On the BEA/Oracle JRockit JVM, it never occurs, they
just have one big heap, instead of a separate heap for class information. But you can't download
that for free any more.

Try the 64 bit jvm with compressed pointers; its got a big heap with small pointers, not as
good as JRockit, but a good second best.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: