ant-user mailing list archives

From "Knuplesch, Juergen" <Juergen.Knuple...@icongmbh.de>
Subject AW: Out of memory
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 09:14:37 GMT
Hello,

Thanks for your answer!
Good to know, that there are known problems.

I already fork the junit tests. I even have parted the tests into three parts, because of
earlier challenges.
Memory eater is also junitreport (especially for 2200 tests) etc., all the XSLT stuff needs
a lot of memory and of course
Tasks like jar.

I hopefully (the build is running in the moment I write this) solved the problem by using
a 64Bit Java on a 64Bit Windows machine and increasing the memory. This is of course no solution,
but it will probably work.

So I have to wait for Ant 1.7.2 or create one out of the trunk...

Juergen

--
J├╝rgen Knuplesch
-----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 6. Oktober 2009 09:33
An: user@ant.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Out of memory

On 2009-10-06, Knuplesch, Juergen <Juergen.Knuplesch@icongmbh.de> wrote:

> My build runs now with -Xmx1500m and still out of memory.

> It seems that the memory of big tasks I use is not garbage collected
> after I used them.  (e.g. XSLT with saxon on the classpath, junit with
> 2200 tests...)

Ant 1.7.1 has a few classloader leaks that have been plugged in trunk - one affected <junit>[1]
- so you could try a trunk build of Ant to see whether this helps.

I'd first try to fork the junit tests into a new VM so the memory used by the tests themselves
is not used by Ant's VM and gets reclaimed once the tests are done.

Stefan

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit/JUnitTask.java?r1=808350&r2=811435