ant-user mailing list archives

From Andy Stevens <>
Subject calculating relative paths
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 06:41:36 GMT

Is there an easy way to calculate an arbitrary relative path between two files?
Part of my Ant script copies a default configuration file to a build
folder, in the course of which I modify it (with xmltask) with the
location of some source files.  At the moment I'm using <property
location="${src.dir}" .../> to get the absolute path, but I'm curious
whether there's a way to get a relative path instead .  Since I know
where it's being copied to, I could just use "../../${src.dir}", but
that's a bit fragile if the build directory changes (which it will do
- locally on my machine I use ${basedir}/build, but on our CI server
it's likely to override this with some other directory).
Ideally, I suppose I'd like to use something like <property
location="${src.dir}" basedir="${build.dir}" .../>  Is there anything
like this in one of the "extras" libraries, or some other easy way to
achieve it?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message