ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Stark <sst...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Newbie question: importing properties from XML file via command line
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 18:35:41 GMT

Hi, this is probably a dumb question but I couldn't find the answer in the
online doc.

I want to import a set of properties from an XML file when I run an Ant
build from the command line. I can do that with the -propertyfile param if
the file has name=value pairs in it. Any way to do this with an XML file
with properties defined like <property name="blah" value="blahblah"/>?

I know I can do this with the <import> task in the build file, but I want
to specify different property files at the command line rather than hard
wire it.

thanks,

Scott