ant-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Boyles" <thomas.boy...@babycenter.com>
Subject RE: Newbie question: importing properties from XML file via command line
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 18:44:17 GMT
Any particular reason you're not using a plain old properties file?

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Stark [mailto:sstark@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 11:36 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Newbie question: importing properties from XML file via command
line

Hi, this is probably a dumb question but I couldn't find the answer in
the
online doc.

I want to import a set of properties from an XML file when I run an Ant
build from the command line. I can do that with the -propertyfile param
if
the file has name=value pairs in it. Any way to do this with an XML file
with properties defined like <property name="blah" value="blahblah"/>?

I know I can do this with the <import> task in the build file, but I
want
to specify different property files at the command line rather than hard
wire it.

thanks,

Scott

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient, please be advised that
the content of this message is subject to access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email
System Administrator.