ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rebhan, Gilbert" <Gilbert.Reb...@huk-coburg.de>
Subject RE: Does mail task work on Eclipse on Mac OSX 10.6?
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 12:06:48 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Damjan Perenic [mailto:bager13@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 2:00 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Does mail task work on Eclipse on Mac OSX 10.6?

/*
I haven't tried Mac OS X 10.6 yet, but this is an issue also under
Leopard. Built-in ant does not load optional libraries at all. It does
not matter where you put them. I reported this issue to Apple with
testcases one year ago (rdar 6239066), but it hasn't been solved yet
and is still present on Leopard.
In my ~/.ant I have libraries for SSH an perforce. With built-in ant I
am not able to run any task requiring optional libraries.

My workaround on Leopard is:
I unpacked ant distribution 1.7.1 somewhere on my home. I set
environment variable ANT_HOME pointing to that directory and it works.
It finds all optional libraries.
*/

so it works with  =
untar ant binary to f.e. /usr/local/ant171
change the Eclipse $ANT_HOME via =
Window|Preferences|Ant|Runtime|AntHome Entries|AntHome...
and choose  /usr/local/ant171 ?

or does it mean Ant ain't usable with Eclipse on Mac OS, only
outside Eclipse ?

Regards, Gilbert