ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rebhan, Gilbert" <Gilbert.Reb...@huk-coburg.de>
Subject RE: Basic question about ant
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 07:44:58 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: veena pandit [mailto:v.kris21@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 12:47 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Basic question about ant

/*
Since wsgen is in a jar file,  I put the complete path of the jar file in
the exec.
So if anttasks.jar was in C:/eclipse/plugins/anttasks.jar then my exec looks
like this:

<exec executable="C:/eclipse/plugins/wsgen">
*/

since your wsgen task comes with a jar, don't use the exec task,
but i should be as easy as =

use taskdef with path =
  <taskdef resource="com.whatever.wsgen.TheClassYouNeedToCall">
    <classpath path="C:/wsgen/wsgentask.jar" />
  </taskdef>

or if it's a tasksuite where wsgen is part of =
use taskdef with path =
  <taskdef resource="com/whatever/antlib.xml">
    <classpath path="C:/wsgen/wstasks.jar" />
  </taskdef>

add the wsgentask.jar to the (eclipse) antruntime via
Window | Preferences | Ant | Runtime | Global Entries |
 and either
   Add Jars if you have a project in your workspace
   that contains your wsgentask.jar (personally i prefer to
    have a simple project named DevJars in my workspace
    which has all the jars i need, which is also under cvs control)
   or
   Add External Jars to use a wsgentask.jar that lives
   in filesytem outside eclkipse workspace

you will also have code assist for your tasks in ant editor then

when put to ant runtime you don't need the nested classpath =
<taskdef resource="com.whatever.wsgen.TheClassYouNeedToCall"/>
or
<taskdef resource="com/whatever/antlib.xml"/>

Regards, Gilbert