ant-user mailing list archives

From "Redmond, Nicole" <nicole.redm...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: remotely call Ant script?
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:05:34 GMT
I have ANT scripts that I use for building.  They have been so successful that I use ANT scripts
to start my Java applications as well.  Currently, I start a Java application and the GUI
application all on one machine (the server) using an ANT script.

I need to move the GUI application to client machines and leave the server application on
the server.  I want to be able to start those client applications, using an ANT script called
from the server.

This would be especially useful in the system initialization, where I would like to start
all of the clients from the server.  Also it would be useful in the case when the client goes
down; I want to be able to restart the application from the server.

> I am a new user.  Is there a way to remotely call an Ant script?
> For example, can the server call an Ant script that lives on the
> client?

This really depends on your use case, please provide more details.

For example, it is possible to:
- invoke ant via SSH (secure shell)
- invoke Ant automatically on build slaves from a continuous
integration server (such as Hudson)
- etc.

Kind regards,

Ernst de Haan