ant-user mailing list archives

From Ernst de Haan <er...@pensioenpage.com>
Subject Re: converting ant from a make file
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2009 13:24:47 GMT
> Based on what you said,  I am looking to eliminate the OS-
> differenes.  But
> this is what I have.
>
> In the makefile.linux:
> LOCAL = /usr/local/project_name
> In the makefile.Windows_NT
> LOCAL = C:/Project_name.
>
> How do I avoid this?  If I removed the differences what would the
> universal
> LOCAL look like?

Some alternative solutions:

1. Put the directory for the project below the directory that contains
the Ant build file. This is the easiest, from Ant-perspective.

2. Put the location in a properties file and load the property from
that file - this will require the properties file to be excluded from
your version control system and it requires the file to exist with a
valid value on every system. This file may contain the following:

    project.location=/usr/local/project_name/

3. Load a properties file, depending on the OS as follows:

    <properties file="${os.name}.properties" />

The latter solution will load the file Windows.properties,
Linux.properties, etc. depending on the OS name.

Kind regards,

Ernst de Haan
PensioenPage B.V.
www.pensioenpage.com