ant-user mailing list archives

From Ernst de Haan <>
Subject Re: converting ant from a make file
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2009 13:24:47 GMT
> Based on what you said,  I am looking to eliminate the OS-
> differenes.  But
> this is what I have.
> In the makefile.linux:
> LOCAL = /usr/local/project_name
> In the makefile.Windows_NT
> LOCAL = C:/Project_name.
> How do I avoid this?  If I removed the differences what would the
> universal
> LOCAL look like?

Some alternative solutions:

1. Put the directory for the project below the directory that contains
the Ant build file. This is the easiest, from Ant-perspective.

2. Put the location in a properties file and load the property from
that file - this will require the properties file to be excluded from
your version control system and it requires the file to exist with a
valid value on every system. This file may contain the following:

3. Load a properties file, depending on the OS as follows:

    <properties file="${}.properties" />

The latter solution will load the file,, etc. depending on the OS name.

Kind regards,

Ernst de Haan
PensioenPage B.V.

tel. +31 6 20246157