ant-user mailing list archives

From don rhummy <donrhu...@yahoo.com>
Subject How add global property with input task?
Date Sat, 12 Sep 2009 22:32:48 GMT
When I have an Input task with "addProperty", the property it creates is only valid within
that one target. So if two targets are being called in the same build run, the property added
by the input task in target "1" is not visible in target "2"!! How would I add it globally?

The below two examples BOTH have the property "newProp" as existing only in target "one":

EXAMPLE ONE
------------
<target name="one">
     <input message="Enter something:" addProperty="newProp" />
</target

<target name="two">
     <!-- Should NOT be called -->
     <input message="Enter something:" addProperty="newProp" />
</target

//Command prompt call
mycomp> ant one two

EXAMPLE TWO
------------
<target name="one">
     <input message="Enter something:" addProperty="newProp" />
</target

<target name="two">
     <!-- Should NOT be called -->
     <input message="Enter something:" addProperty="newProp" />
</target

<target name="three">
     <antcall target="one" />
     <antcall target="two" />