ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DirectoryScanner cache to boost performance
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 15:17:33 GMT
On 2009-09-15, Raja Nagendra Kumar <Nagendra.Raja@tejasoft.com> wrote:

> is there a way to use the include and exclude patterns as part of
> restrict.. just the name match is what we are looking far.

yes, use name selectors (and wrap them in "not"s for excludes) together
with correct "and"ing and "or"ing - this is what you already had in your
code IIRC.

There is no convenient API to do that, you'll have to chain them up
yourself.  Sounds as if it might be worth investing some time in a
builder API for this, but since only the people who use Ant via Java
suffer from this (the XML API isn't less convenient than that of
<fileset>) it is unlikely to get written.

Stefan