ant-user mailing list archives

From Dale Anson <dan...@grafidog.com>
Subject Re: antcontrib or antelope
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 12:23:25 GMT
Once upon a time, ant-contrib was under fairly active development, and
I proposed to the ant-contrib admins to merge my Antelope tasks with
their project since there seemed to be a good fit between the two
projects.  Not long after that, the focus of ant-contrib seemed to be
on the C compiler task rather than building a collection of
third-party tasks.  I didn't feel that it was worthwhile to continue
to merge and maintain the Antelope tasks in ant-contrib since the
release cycle was so slow.  Honestly, there hasn't a lot of
development on either project.  I've done a few bug fixes in Antelope
and would like to do some significant rewrites in the GUI code.  The
Antelope tasks are pretty solid, as far as I know.  My intent is to
continue to maintain and apply bug fixes to Antelope, and I have no
problem with putting up a new release of the tasks as fixes are
available.

Dale