ant-user mailing list archives

From Francis GALIEGUE <>
Subject Re: Help with bug diagnosis: <junitreport> task takes 30+ minutes to complete
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 13:31:24 GMT
On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 15:17, Francis GALIEGUE<> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I have

Argh, sorry, keyboard error caused mail to be sent way too soon. So,
I'll explain.

I have the following setup:

* running on CentOS 5, 64 bits;
* using ant 1.6.5, packaged by JPackage;
* using Sun's latest Java 6 (JVM + JDK), 32bit (yes, even though I run
a 64bit OS, but I need the 32bit JDK since I use a 32bit oracle
driver, I've no choice);
* I have the following in my classpath:
(saxon 6.3.5, ant-contrib 1.0b2, xalan-j2 2.0.7)

I have the means to restrict the test suite. For some test suites (I
don't have an exact, restricted test suite that triggers the problem),
the <junitreport> task takes more than 30 minutes to generate the
reports. The snippet from the ant file is as such:

        <junitreport tofile="${junit.summaryfile}">
            <fileset dir="${junit.reports}" includes="TEST-*.xml"/>
            <report format="frames" todir="${junit.htmlreport}"/>
            <report format="noframes" todir="${junit.htmlreport}"/>

I surmise that the <report format="frames"/> is the culprit here,
since both <report> tasks output the generation time. The noframes
report is fairly quick.

How can I diagnose the problem precisely? Can I use another XSL
processor that will be faster than xalan-j2?

Thanks in advance for any hints,

Francis Galiegue
Ingénieur système
Mob : +33 (0) 683 877 875