ant-user mailing list archives

From Justin Case <send_lotsa_spam_h...@yahoo.com>
Subject umlauts in properties cannot be echoed
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 16:19:23 GMT
Hi all,

I have Ant 1.7.0 running on a GERMAN Windows XP. The thing has also filenames with UMLAUTS
in the name. Now, I can't get even the below minimal example to correctly print the umlauts,
regardless of the encoding I specify in the XML (which I think applies only to the XML parser
anyway).
What could I tell Ant so it works with those umlauts in its properties? Thank you very much
in advance...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
<project basedir="." default="blah" name="my task">
 <taskdef resource="net/sf/antcontrib/antcontrib.properties" />
  <property environment="env" />
  <property name="mepath" value="." />
  <target name="blah" >
   <exec executable="cmd" outputproperty="dirList" dir="${mepath}">
    <arg line="/c dir" />
   </exec>
   <echo message="${dirList}" />
</project>