ant-user mailing list archives

From supareno <>
Subject Re: Why Ant didn't compile my jsp's
Date Sun, 20 Sep 2009 16:14:13 GMT

what about the tomcat logs?
Tomcat cannot compile your jsp because the jsp may be wrong...

i think that ant will not solve your problem.
but if you really want to precomile jsp, check this out

hope this help

> Hello everyone:
> I’m learning the Struts framework and in my first Web Application, that contains only
a JSP with the classic Hello World! Message, I have some problems.
> I’m using Windows XP SP2 as the OS.
> Apache Tomcat 5.5 as the web server.
> Ant  1.7.1 and Java 1.6 SDK.
> In my first steps I deployed my Hello.jsp into Tomcat using the Tomcat Manager and it
seemed OK but  the Hello.jsp  didn’t compile. So I googled my problem and someone told
me that this job could be done by “ANT” not by “TOMCAT”. Therefore I downloaded and
installed Ant 1.7.1 and after several attempts it worked!
> Using the command options   “ant compile” or “ant all” created the hierarchy
directories to be deployed into Tomcat, but again, my Hello.jsp  didn’t compile.