ant-user mailing list archives

From supareno <reno.rkc...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Why Ant didn't compile my jsp's
Date Sun, 20 Sep 2009 16:14:13 GMT
Rafael,

what about the tomcat logs?
Tomcat cannot compile your jsp because the jsp may be wrong...

i think that ant will not solve your problem.
but if you really want to precomile jsp, check this out
http://scriptlandia.blogspot.com/2006/04/how-to-pre-compile-jsp-pages-for.html

hope this help

supareno
> Hello everyone:
> I’m learning the Struts framework and in my first Web Application, that contains only
a JSP with the classic Hello World! Message, I have some problems.

> I’m using Windows XP SP2 as the OS.
> Apache Tomcat 5.5 as the web server.
> Ant  1.7.1 and Java 1.6 SDK.
>
> In my first steps I deployed my Hello.jsp into Tomcat using the Tomcat Manager and it
seemed OK but  the Hello.jsp  didn’t compile. So I googled my problem and someone told
me that this job could be done by “ANT” not by “TOMCAT”. Therefore I downloaded and
installed Ant 1.7.1 and after several attempts it worked!

> Using the command options   “ant compile” or “ant all” created the hierarchy
directories to be deployed into Tomcat, but again, my Hello.jsp  didn’t compile.

> So one question is: Is this a job for ANT or for TOMCAT?
>
> Somewhere I read that a JSP passes by two steps in the process:
> The first one translates the Hello.jsp into a Hello.java     and    the second one converts
the Hello.java into a Hello.class.