ant-user mailing list archives

From Michael Ludwig <...@as-guides.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Ant Script Library 1.1.0 Released
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:58:06 GMT
Joe Schmetzer schrieb:
> Version 1.1.0 of the Ant Script Library has just been released.
>
> The Ant Script Library (ASL) is a collection of re-usable Ant scripts
> that can be imported into your own projects. The ASL provides a number
> of pre-defined targets that simplify setting up build scripts for a
> new or existing project, bringing re-use and consistency to your own
> Ant scripts. Refer to the project page at http://www.exubero.com/asl/
> for details.

Very nice! I've started playing with it; three questions:

(1) Would it make sense to add a target named "print-defaults" that
prints out the directory layout ASL expects by default?

(2) Likewise, would it make sense to have a target named "setup" or
"create-skeleton" that creates the directory structure as per the ASL
defaults as amended by <property> overrides made by the user?

(3) There is probably a "lib" dir in most projects at some point, but
not necessarily when starting out. Now when I run "compile", the build
fails simply because there is no lib directory, which, however, isn't
needed to compile the sources in the source directory. Would it make
sense to remove this dependency on the lib directory for tasks that do
not need it?

--
Michael Ludwig