ant-user mailing list archives

From Michael Ludwig <...@as-guides.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for improving Ant output (post-1.7)
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 12:28:33 GMT
Ernst de Haan schrieb:
> Here's an initial proposal for improving Ant output, making it less
> verbose:
> http://ernstdehaan.blogspot.com/2009/09/improving-ant-output.html

> Do you consider the current Ant output too verbose or just fine?

I don't adhere to the UNIX philosophy that a tool should produce no
output if it has nothing interesting to report. A tool such as Ant
should definitely report what it is doing.

That said, there is a potential for using less screen real estate.
I would see that as an improvement. It may be a matter of taste.

I regard the Knoppix boot screen as formally perfect for terminals.

http://www.linuxcdmall.com/screenshots/knoppix-5.3.1-04.png
http://www.linuxcdmall.com/screenshots/knoppix-5.3.1-22.png
http://www.linuxcdmall.com/knoppix-5.3.1-screenshots.html

Windows Powershell is very nice, too.

In addition, accomodating progressbars would be nice.

Progessbar on the console? - Michael Ludwig - org.apache.ant.user
http://markmail.org/thread/gjazyu7gzwzcmhgh

--
Michael Ludwig