ant-user mailing list archives

From Gilbert Rebhan <...@schillbaer.de>
Subject Re: antcontrib or antelope
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 06:02:59 GMT
Raja Nagendra Kumar schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I see similar tasks from AntContrib and antelope.
>
> Which one is the right one and the latest one which is in having active
> development..
>
> Some of the tasks in both seem to be different in signature too.

= Release dates =
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ant-contrib/files/
antcontrib 1.0b3 => Thu Nov 02 2006
http://antelope.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList;jsessionid=BC467EDA2CE7413493FF7FD6AC8195F2
antelope 3.5.1 Tasks => Fri Jan 09 2009

seems like ant contrib development has stopped !?

According to http://antelope.tigris.org/ =
/*
The Antelope Project also provides a set of additional tasks that
provide functionality not found in the standard tasks distributed with
Ant. Work is underway to merge the Antelope tasks with the AntContrib
project.
*/

there's an intersection between both but the merge is not completed yet.

= Differences =
beside the tasks, Antelope provides a graphical user interface for
running Ant and a jEdit plugin, see description on
http://antelope.tigris.org/ =
/*
As a stand-alone application, Antelope provides the ability to create
and edit Ant build files, the ability to run build file targets, and can
trace target and task execution in a quasi-debug mode. Output from the
build process can be captured to a file and/or to screen and performance
statistics can be gathered to guide optimization efforts.
*/

= Problems =
when using the latest antcontrib 1.0b3 the assert task did'nt work for
me, whereas the assert of antcontrib 1.0b2 and the assert from Antelope
are working =
http://marc.info/?l=ant-user&m=118061703508041&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=ant-user&m=119451257231990&w=2

I would try both, many tasks are very similar, personally i prefer
antelope, because antcontrib development remains static.

btw.there's another great Ant addon you should take a look at
AntXtras, see =

http://jwaresoftware.org/wiki/home
http://antxtras.sourceforge.net/

Regards, Gilbert