ant-user mailing list archives

From Raja Nagendra Kumar <Nagendra.R...@tejasoft.com>
Subject Performance of Ant <antcall>
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 07:28:48 GMT

Hi,

On a professional product build scripts, we see the need for calling many
times <antcall> to call a particular target. However due to isolation level
for this target calls.. there is a huge penalty on performance.

Is there a way to call another target in the same build context and with no
isolation needed.

For now we are using the custom task which calls project.executeTarget()..
which seem to invoke the target in the same build context and hence
performance is too great.

However in case ant forum feels such a need.. it would be nice to have
antcall to have another option or another tag which does exactly this.

Regards,
Raja Nagendra Kumar,
C.T.O
www.tejasoft.com