ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alexander L." <>
Subject Re: AW: Target overriding inside imported files.
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2009 18:14:03 GMT

Although this is quite old topic, let me add two cents since I'd been guided
by it when faced the same trouble.

The initial question mentioned using
<?eclipse.ant.import?> on the top of the manual edited file
which assumes that main build file (passed to Ant and from which default
"build" target is invoked) is generated by Eclipse (build.xml). Such
build.xml in turn automatically imports user's build file:
><import file="build.proxies.xml"/>

The solution proposed above makes user's build file the main one (and
generated build file becomes included).
Thus the feature of automatic importing files annotated with
"<?eclipse.ant.import?>" is not used.
That is what wasn't mentioned and had me to stop and think :)

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I've tried the way where
"build.proxies.xml" was included one and referred to "", and that
way Ant didn't work well.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message