ant-user mailing list archives

From "Arne v.Irmer" <Arne.vonIr...@tu-dortmund.de>
Subject Folder-Comments
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 13:50:51 GMT
Hi,
with the command line program "zip" I can create a zip-File with annotated folders inside.
I try to generate such a zip-File with the org.apache.tools.zip classes coming with ant.jar.

Here is my small example program:

package org.example.zip;

import java.io.BufferedOutputStream;
import java.io.FileOutputStream;

import org.apache.tools.zip.ZipEntry;
import org.apache.tools.zip.ZipOutputStream;

public class ZipTest {
	public static void main (String argv[]) {
		try {
			FileOutputStream dest = new FileOutputStream("/tmp/checkFolder.zip");
			ZipOutputStream out = new ZipOutputStream(new BufferedOutputStream(dest));

			ZipEntry folderEntry = new ZipEntry("TestFolder");
			folderEntry.setComment("My Folder comment.");
			out.putNextEntry(folderEntry);
			out.closeEntry();

			ZipEntry fileEntry = new ZipEntry("TestFolder/TestFile.txt");
			fileEntry.setComment("My File comment.");
			out.putNextEntry(fileEntry);
			out.write("Hallo Zip!".getBytes());
			out.closeEntry();

			out.close();
		} catch(Exception e) {
			e.printStackTrace();
		}
	}
}

On a first look with unzip everything looks nice:
Archive:  /tmp/checkFolder.zip
  Length     Date   Time    Name
 --------    ----   ----    ----
        0  09-22-09 15:09   TestFolder
My Folder comment.
       10  09-22-09 15:09   TestFolder/TestFile.txt
My File comment.
 --------                   -------
       10                   2 files

But the build in windows Zip always finds an empty file with the name of the folder and unzip
has a problem to extract it:
unzip  /tmp/checkFolder.zip
Archive:  /tmp/checkFolder.zip

  inflating: TestFolder

checkdir error:  TestFolder exists but is not directory

                 unable to process TestFolder/TestFile.txt.

Is there a way to tell a ZipEntry that it is folder?
How can I write a commented folder to a zip file?

Yours
 Arne