ant-user mailing list archives

From don rhummy <donrhu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How add global property with input task?
Date Sat, 12 Sep 2009 23:02:47 GMT
I figured out a workaround that's weird but it's the ONLY thing that makes the properties global
and accessible outside the task where the input is used.

<target name="one">
     <input message="Enter val:" addProperty="newProp" />
     <property name="newProp" value="${newProp}" />
</target>

This actually works! It takes the value of the property "newProp" from the input and places
it into a global property of the same name. Weird. I think the fact that input's "addProperty"
doesn't make it global is a bug, since there's only supposed to be global properties in Ant.