ant-user mailing list archives

From Kerry Scott <kerry.sc...@talktalk.net>
Subject Re: path problems in build.xml
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 21:20:57 GMT
Hi
I have problems running Ant and I am sure that it is somehow a PATH
problem but I have wrestled it to my death for 48 hours and would love
some ideas.
Platform - Mandriva Linux 2009 which has an Ant RPM - I have deleted it
and tried to use the version downloaded - it didn't come with Ant but
Ant.bat, Ant.cmd were included so I copied the Ant shell program from
the Mandriva RPM release
Symptoms: if I don't set ANT_HOME it cannot find the standard Java class
libraries so the compile dies on java.lang.Object cannot be resolved.
If I do set ANT_HOME  I get the error: Unable to find a javac compiler;
com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK.
It is currently set to "/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0/jre"

Any ideas

Cheers

Kerry