ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Condition to set property value if file exist
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:19:17 GMT
On 2009-08-26, Mikael Petterson <mikael.petterson@ericsson.com> wrote:

> I want to set  a property called "local" to

> /tmp/test if directory exists.
> If it does not exist I will check if /local/test exist.
> If it does I will set "local" to /local/test.
> If none of these directories exist I will set "local" to current
> directory.

> Any ideas how I can do this in ant 1.6.5

  <available property="local" value="/tmp/test"
             file="/tmp/test"/>
  <available property="local" value="/local/test"
             file="/local/test"/>
  <property name="local" location="."/>

Since properties are immutable, if either of the first two available
tasks sets the property, the later tasks won't do anything.

Stefan