ant-user mailing list archives

From Avlesh Singh <avl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Run / Launch a java application with ANT
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 10:56:38 GMT

> I want to create a big script for update data from a CVS repository and
> alter update the database and load data into it and do it in only one
> object.

   1. Use the CVS task to perform an update. (
   http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/cvs.html)
   2. Use the SQL task for updates and inserts in your database. (
   http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/sql.html)
   3. Both of the above can be bundled into one single Ant target.

Anytime, the above mentioned task limit you to do certain things, you can
always use the EXEC task (http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/exec.html)
the way you want to.

Cheers
Avlesh