ant-user mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: exec on batch file causes build to hang
Date Sun, 16 Aug 2009 04:31:28 GMT
Can you run the batch file outside of Ant from the command line without the
process hanging?

Do you have echo turned on or off in the Batch file? I don't use a Windows
system, so I don't know if the commands echo if echo is on. However, you
sound like you're pretty sure that its the Java task that's dying or
hanging.  Maybe you could run the Java profiler (-Xprof) option? It could be
a memory problem with Ant not giving enough memory to the Java process.
Remember that Ant, exec, and your Java process are all running in the same
memory footprint. Ant, by default, only runs under 64mb. You can use the
ANT_OPTS environment variable to set Ant to run with more memory
(ANT_OPTS=-Xmx512m for example). See if that helps.

I know that Windows doesn't seem to support "spawn" in the <exec> task. Have
you tried the <java> task if you're just running a Java program anyway? You
might have more luck with that.

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com