ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <sflo...@nc.rr.com>
Subject Re: where to keep jar files
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 16:00:45 GMT

You definitely can put the jars wherever you want.  I'm assuming you are
defining some taskdefs?  If so, you can use a classpath child element of
taskdef.  For example, I do this:

<taskdef  resource = "net/sf/antcontrib/antlib.xml"  uri =
"http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net"  description = "Needed to use
ant-contrib." >
     <classpath>
         <fileset  dir = "${keros.dependency.HOME}"  includes =
"*.jar"/>
     </classpath>
</taskdef>

I believe Ant 1.6.5 and earlier to do so you have to use "ant -lib [lib
dir name]" to get it to work correctly...

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009, Raagu wrote:

> Hi people
>
> In my build script, I have made use of <for> , <scriptdef> and other tasks
> which made use of external jars . I have kept those jar files in
> ${ANT_HOME}\lib directory.. But I dont want to keep those jar files in Ant
> Lib's directory.. So Is there any way to keep those jar files in other
> directory may be in directory where build script resides. ?? If there are
> any ways then How can refer those jar files within Ant script??
>
> I have used
> <for> task     ---- >  ant-contrib.jar
> I have used javascript in <scriptdef> -----> js.jar
> <var>   ------> ant.contrib.jar