ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Stark <sst...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: exec on batch file causes build to hang
Date Sat, 15 Aug 2009 01:11:51 GMT

Hi David, thank you kindly for the pointer about running batch files on
Windows. However, I get the same results when running my build file from
the command line: the batch file executes (and starts the java process),
but never returns control to the build file, so I have to hit control-C to
exit the batch file.

<exec executable="cmd"
                  failonerror="${failonerror}"
                  failifexecutionfails="${failifexecutionfails}"
                  dir="${VCC_CBU_ICdir_root}">
          <arg value="/c"/>
          <arg value="${VCC_CBU_ICdir_root}${file.separator}IC_start.bat"/>
</exec>

Does this sound like something is going on in the batch file? Perhaps it's
looping or something...

Scott