ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Stark <sst...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: exec on batch file causes build to hang
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:00:39 GMT

> Can you run the batch file outside of Ant from the command line without
the
> process hanging?

Hi David, technically, yes. But the process (batch file) doesn't "hang"; it
executes a java tool and holds that state ("running") until the process is
terminated by another batch file. In other words, the java process is
running correctly, but even within the batch file, control is not returned
to the command line, which is why I was hoping to "spawn" it (which I can
do with other batch/java processes). Unfortunately I didn't write the batch
file or the java tool so I'm unclear what's happening.

I might look into running it from the <java> task -- thanks for the tip.

Scott