ant-user mailing list archives

From Sascha Ernst <>
Subject AW: exec on batch file causes build to hang
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 14:32:18 GMT

Perhaps this helps....
       <exec executable="cmd"
          <arg line="/c start cmd /c
                     &quot;IC_start.bat&quot;" />

This opens a new window, starts your program in this windows and continues
With the build script.
If you change the 2nd /c to /k the buildscripts stops until your program stops and
the windows closes.

BUT: because of the non-existing coupling between the buildscript and the called
program, you cannot use failonerror and stuff like that (shure, you can use it,
but not to monitor/react on the exit code of your program)

The &quot;s are usefull, if you have more complex arg lines.
In your case they are not needed.

Feel free to fiddle around with more or less cmd and start commands....

Ein Gruss von der Saar

Sascha Ernst
Dipl. Inform.
Head of Software Quality Management

Telefon: + 49 (0)681 - 302 - 5133
Telefax: + 49 (0)681 - 302 - 5109

Living-e AG
Campus D3 2
66123 Saarbrücken

Vorstand: Guido Polko
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Uwe Feuersenger
Amtsgericht: Mannheim, HRB 111323

Besuchen Sie uns auf dem 10. ÖV-Symposium am 20.08.2009, Stand 14, Ruhrfestspielhaus, Recklinghausen.