ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rebhan, Gilbert" <Gilbert.Reb...@huk-coburg.de>
Subject RE: <target>s unless/if: strangeness in default behaviour (imho) (ant 1.6.5)
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 12:07:30 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Francis GALIEGUE [mailto:fge@one2team.com]
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 1:24 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: <target>s unless/if: strangeness in default behaviour (imho) (ant 1.6.5)

/*

Maybe this pattern is often used, but as I said, it looks pretty much
counterintuitive to my eyes. If a property is dependent on the
(non)existence of a property and this property does/does not exist, I
don't expect this target to be executed at all.
*/

there was another thread recently dealing with depends/unless, see =
http://www.nabble.com/Target-unless-question-td24960662.html

btw. you're not the first one getting confused by that behaviour, see
google => ant+task+depends+unless
but it's working as designed, means  targets listed under depends are
always executed before if / unless. So dependent targets are able to check
certain things, f.e. the <condition> in my example

Regards, Gilbert