ant-user mailing list archives

From "Sharma, Jaikumar" <jaikumar.sha...@barco.com>
Subject RE: Need Suggestion in build.properties
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 04:32:30 GMT
Well, Rajesh, try to cook for you.... Other may help you when you really
try to cook yourself ;-) It is trivial question of course.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2009 12:54 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: Need Suggestion in build.properties

On 2009-08-06, Rajesh Kumar  (IN4774) <rajesh_kumar1@mindtree.com>
wrote:

> Any Workaround for below issues.

Well, you don't give a lot of detail.  For example what "doesn't work"
means.

> I am trying to use variable defined in build.properties file in
> Solaris Machine but below script is not working

> <property file="${basedir}/.build.properties"/>

This task will try to load a file named ".build.properties" (not
build.properties) as a properties file and not do anything if the file
doesn't exist.  It will look for the file in your project's basedir
(which it would do without the ${basedir}/ prefix as well).

If the file happens to define properties that have already been defined
before the task gets invoked, they will not be overwritten but keep
their earlier value.

Stefan

DISCLAIMER:
Unless indicated otherwise, the information contained in this message is privileged and confidential,
and is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above and others who have been
specifically authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and/or attachments
is strictly prohibited. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email. Furthermore, the company does not warrant a proper and complete
transmission of this information, nor does it accept liability for any delays. If you have
received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the message. Thank you.