ant-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <>
Subject RE: Ant for C/C++?
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 19:00:38 GMT

2 options that I know of

have ant spawn a makefile..this is the most dangerous option as if an error happens
cannot create process(user doesnt have createprocess prov)..or cannot locate library(LD_LIBRARY_PATH
incorrect) then you'll have to grind out each error to correct each
environment attribute/property
ants execution in the jvm would never know the makefile is abending until some arcane error
code is returned ..if you get both ant and make working together you'll still need to propely
configure the makefile dependency (sometimes there is a registration function for the new
binary) before continuing to execute the remaining java targets is an illustration

if you mavenize the whole process you can use the nar plugin to accomplish native code builds

then install the nar plugin which will natively compile your binaries for you

maven is available here ..the 2.2.1 is fairly stable now

discussion lists are located here

Martin Gainty
responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.