ant-user mailing list archives

From Jerry Gene-Sung Chung <>
Subject Scope of a record task name
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 16:43:58 GMT

Hi Users,

I just wondered of the scope for a record task name, so it would be great if you could share
your knowledge.
I have two targets to record both activities like these:

I was assuming the record name could be managed globally, but it seems not. The record for
${parent.log} in the child target is created as a separate entry (RecorderEntry) and the log
messages are written twice in the parent log file (Tested with ant 1.7.1 + revision 793792
for bug 41368)

Parent log:
     [echo] Parent target started
     [echo] Child target started
     [echo] Child target started
     [echo] Child target processing
     [echo] Child target ended
     [echo] Child target ended
I am not sure if it is working as expected or if it is a side effect of the fix for bug 41368.
If it is by design, is there any other way to control a record entry created from another

Jerry Gene-Sung Chung
Stay on top of things, check email from other accounts!
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message