ant-user mailing list archives

From Jerry Gene-Sung Chung <genes_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Scope of a record task name
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 18:11:47 GMT

For some reason, my ant script has been stripped off from the previous email, so I am attaching
it.

I have to modify the result in the previous email as well:

     [echo] Parent target started

child:
     [echo] Child target started - child-01.log
     [echo] Child target processing - child-01.log (*1)
     [echo] Child target ended - child-01.log

child.2:
     [echo] Child target started - child-02.log
     [echo] Child target processing - child-02.log (*1)
     [echo] Child target ended - child-02.log
     [echo] Child target ended - child-02.log (*2)

(*1) I'd like to remove these from the parent log.
(*2) don't know why it is written

Thanks,
jerry
> From: genes_chung@hotmail.com
> To: user@ant.apache.org
> Subject: Scope of a record task name
> Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 12:43:58 -0400
>

> Hi Users,
>
> I just wondered of the scope for a record task name, so it would be great if you could
share your knowledge.

> I have two targets to record both activities like these:

> I was assuming the record name could be managed globally, but it seems not. The record
for ${parent.log} in the child target is created as a separate entry (RecorderEntry) and the
log messages are written twice in the parent log file (Tested with ant 1.7.1 + revision 793792
for bug 41368)

> Parent log:
> [echo] Parent target started
>
> child:
>
> child:
> [echo] Child target started
> [echo] Child target started
> [echo] Child target processing
> [echo] Child target ended
> [echo] Child target ended
>
> I am not sure if it is working as expected or if it is a side effect of the fix for bug
41368. If it is by design, is there any other way to control a record entry created from another
target?