ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Run / Launch a java application with ANT
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 10:28:10 GMT
I dont know what you want to achive. I could think of
- launching the application during the build for tests
- provide a launcher to the end user
- monitor an application (e.g. in the enterprise environment)

The first can be done with <java>. JMX could ask the running application for data if
you cont have alternative communication channels.

The second should not be done with Ant. There are other launchers on the market. (I dont have
one on the hand...)

The third should also not be done with Ant. Tools are eHealth, Nagios, etc ... (SmartFrog
as OpenSource alternative ?)

Jan