ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kronus David" <kro...@atlas.cz>
Subject RE: <xmlcatalog> query
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 12:05:11 GMT
Hi Brian,

if a DTD does not have a public ID (you have to look at the DTD itself, there may be one eventhough
it is not used in the XML), it has just the system one and then this is immediately the location
of the file, how else would you refer to it? Another thing is a mapping of an URL (which is
the system ID in your XML) to a local copy of the referenced DTD, i.e. to a local URL or filepath.
This is probably what you want to do. But I don't think it is possible to do this directly
in an antfile using XMLCatalog element itself. You will probably have to use Apache XML-commons
resolver with an external catalog file such as OASIS XML Catalog. Then in your antfile you
will use something like:

<xmlcatalog>
  <catalogpath>
    <pathelement location="xmlcatalog.xml"/>
  </catalogpath>
</xmlcatalog>

And in the referenced external file xmlcatalog.xml you will have something like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE catalog
    PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD XML Catalogs V1.1//EN"
    "oasis-xmlcatalog-1.1.dtd">
<catalog
    xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">
  <system
      systemId="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.dtd"
      uri="w3c-xmlschema-1.0.dtd"/>
</catalog>