ant-user mailing list archives

From Francis GALIEGUE <...@one2team.com>
Subject Launching a different java executable from within ant
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:17:23 GMT
Hello,

I have a very annoying problem. We have a jar, with a main class,
which is called as such:

<java classname="the.main.class" fork="true" failonerror="true">
        <jvmarg value="-Djava.awt.headless=true"/>
        <jvmarg value="-Djava.awt.headlesslib=true"/>
        <!-- classpath and other arguments here -->
</java>

This is run on a 64bit Linux machine, with a 32bit JVM. The JVM is
either java 1.4 or java 6.

With java 1.4, and despite the use of java.awt.headless and
java.awt.headlesslib on the command line, each of these commands take
more than one minute to complete, with only a few seconds of useful
work. It seems to be stuck trying to do something, I don't know what.
If java 6 is used, there is no such problem.

So, is there a way to tell ant, apart from using a shell script, that
for this particular java task, we want a different JAVA_HOME and/or
JDK_HOME?

Thanks,
--

Francis Galiegue