ant-user mailing list archives

From "Redondo Gallardo, Raul Maria" <rmredo...@eservicios.indra.es>
Subject RE: Run / Launch a java application with ANT
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 06:53:53 GMT
Thank you very much, Jan,

If I'm not wrong I must include the jmx4ant.jar library and after this, using the Mbean elements
invoque to my own java application. Isn't it?

In the way that not exist a way to check running java errors... Would be better to run a .bat
file (I'm working with windows) or better use Mbean.

Thank you very much for your help.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de [mailto:Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de]
Enviado el: martes, 04 de agosto de 2009 8:38
Para: user@ant.apache.org
Asunto: AW: Run / Launch a java application with ANT

You could start a java application with <java> and use ist resultproperty-attribute
for result values.
For checking a running application you may use external JMX tasks. http://ant.apache.org/external.html

But Ant is a build tool not designed for controlling running applications like eHealth or
Nagios.

Jan