ant-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject RE: Target unless question
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 19:14:23 GMT
The if/unless apply to the target they are specified on ONLY.  They do not have any effect
on the depends targets.  I don't like this either.  I posted about this very subject earlier
this year.  Here is a link to it:

http://www.nabble.com/ANT-enhancements-td24028826.html

---
Shawn Castrianni

-----Original Message-----
From: Scot P. Floess [mailto:sfloess@nc.rr.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 2:09 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Target unless question

All:

I was under the impression that using an unless attribute on a target will
not run the target if that property is set...  However, if there are is a
depends attribute defined, the targets in the depend are run regardless?

Is this correct?

For example consider the following:

<project default="C">
     <target name="A">
         <echo message = "A"/>
     </target>

     <target name="B">
         <echo message = "B"/>
     </target>

     <target name="C" unless = "stop" depends="A, B"/>
</project>

When I run as either:

ant -Dstop="true"

-or-